Friday, November 2, 2012

Vacation



Earlier in the year, my family and I went to Colorado. It was so beautiful. And yes, I still had to do chores. I had to do the dishes with my older sister. I did not like it, but if I'm telling the truth - it wasn't that bad. I also got to meet new friends, swim, hiked, played, raft, go to a rodeo.
 

I took all the pictures. Do you like them? The picture below is of Mesa Verde. I liked going to Mesa Verde. We did a lot of hiking there. There were buildings from the Native Americans that were amazing. They were built into a cliff side! We got to go into one of the buildings. It was underground and called a Kiva. The Kiva is like our churches today because that's where they did spiritual things.


 
 
We also went to 4 corners. When I was there, I got to meet my penpal and that was my favorite part of the vacation. 4 Corners was really cool because I got to go into four states at one time!
 
Me in four corners (pic taken by my momma)
 
 Our vacation was also special because we took the train from Chicago to Colorado. I like traveling by train better than traveling by plane and by car. We got a sleeper car and I got to sleep on the top bunk. And we had good food in the dining car.
 

Peace out,
Miss M

7 comments:

  1. Great pictures M! Love this blog you're doing. Keep it up! Can't wait to read more.
    Monica A. (your friend in NYC)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really impressed by your photography skills!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was in grade school I read about 4 corners and have always wanted to be in 4 places at once. Very cool that you got to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been out West but have always wanted to... I especially love Mesa Verde. I remember studying it in grade school and being SO intrigued.

    Great pics, Miss M!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! It's not my chore-crazy mom; it's me! Agree with you about the chores, and I want to go there, too. See you soon! The other Miss M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey M!

    Those are really beautiful pictures you took! It looks like you ha a lot of fun in CO!

    Thanks for writing about your fun adventures! I miss you and I will see you Dec. 14!!

    Love you,
    Auntie MarBear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, those r some really awesome pictures! U r a really good writer. U explained everything so well and in excellent detail! U r really awesome Miss M! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!